 People / 3558
3557  |  3559
Subject:
Introduction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:06:57 GMT

Hi everybody!

First time poster, long time lurker :)

You're probably going to notice me a lot (starting ... NOW!) in Space, Star
Wars, Harry Potter, and Castle.  This summer I plan on beginning a large
construction of mine (USS Okazaki - a mini-fig scale Starfleet ship).

About me (this is, after all, the purpose of this thread).  I'm an
undergraduate Creative Writing major at Towson University.  I work three
jobs: two of them delivering pizzas in the northern 'burbs (hooray) and one
working as a computer lab attendant on campus, where I get to tell fifteen
bozos in a row "yes, the printer has broken.  Why?  Because it's a POS."
Whoop-de-doo.

I plan on graduating in December, assuming I haven't forgotten a requirement
somewhere along the line (I'm pretty sure I have).  I'm considering a career
in the Navy, where, with my degree, I would hopefully serve as an officer
(yes, I would in fact be known as "Ensign Benson").

At the moment I live in a VERY cramped studio apartment, but will be moving
in just about two months to a VERY nice two-bedroom, for which I'm only
paying an additional $100 in rent (YAY)!

In addition to all of that, I'm a server admin on the California-based
Counter-Strike server Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow [EGBT].  Nothing
helps after a long day like slapping some spawn camping Terrorist who
doesn't realize the whole point of our server is to plant the bomb he's got
on his back.  :)

I look forward to becoming part of this community, and getting to know
ya'll.  Y'know, it's funny, I've been a lurker for so long (I'm "TiredSnay"
at FBTB), that it is kind of weird - with many of you, I'm familiar with
your projects, and about you as people ... and yet you know nothing about
me.  It's darn spooooooky.

:)

Jeff Benson
jbenso1@towson.edu