 People / 3475
3474  |  3476
Subject:
Quitting is hard to do
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:35:30 GMT

I'm finally quitting my job in New York after 8 years.  For the past two years
I've been trying to get out. Now I have the opportunity to do the exact same
job, only in Milwaukee, which is where my home is now anyway. And I'm looking
forward to doing the same work at a new place.

My story: A year ago, I moved from New York to Milwaukee for a job which didn't
pan out. I left my wife (and all my Lego) in Milwaukee while continuing at my
old job in New York. For those who don't know, I am a derivatives risk systems
developer. There are not too many jobs for that in Wisconsin, but (this came as
a surprise) they do exist.

Now I shall be getting on with life at home, so, anybody who has exhorted me to
do more building will be answered.

And other plans that have been on hold for a year or more, will have a chance
to go forward.

-Erik