 People / 2748
2747  |  2749
Subject:
People I Don't Know...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:47:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

...just sent me a HUGE package of plastic flowers and stems -- a veritable
mother lode of flowers and geenery.  Wow!  So many colors too: yellow,
white, red, pastel pink, AND shocking pink! How cool is that...? Very!

I understand that some mishap prevented these from being mailed to me
earlier, but no worries, I am almost more appreciative now when it was just
an afterthought. It's so perfect for me, everyone is always forgetting my
packages.

An enclosed note suggests that I might trade them or whatever, but NO!  I
shall always keep them.  I shall cherish them as an emblem of the strange
bonds sometimes created over the silliest of circumstances -- and what could
be sillier than the virtual friendships based on shared enthusiasm for a
plastic toy?

Because the world is a harsh place and the good times few and hard won,
because joy occurs at the strangest moments, because ofttimes smiles can
only be worn to mask sorrows, because love can sometimes only be expressed
by kissing the tears from another's face, because there is more wisdom in
the erratic flight of the bumblebee than in all the world's archives,
because life is fleeting -- I shall always think of ALL my Lugnet friends
when I build with flowers.

May we all find true happiness when we need it the most, and simple
contentment the rest of the time.

=)

-- Hop-Frog (And if you venture out my way, be sure to wear some flowers in
your hair...)