 People / 2407
Re: A Confession and an Apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.people, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Ever since I first started posting to LUGNET last August, I have been using
the false name of Geordan Ballantree. As some of you may already know, my
real name is Geordan Hankinson.

As Todd made me aware last week, using false name's on LUGNET is a violation
of the TOS. I did not realize at first what I was doing until last week. I
did infact read the TOS, but not throughly enough and missed the part about
false name's. Going through the newposting procedure again, I'm not sure how
I missed it, but I did and I am very sorry. I was using the false name for
security reason's only, But in doing so, I violated the TOS of LUGNET.
Please do not take me for a Mathew like offender because I am not. But I am
very sorry for the confusion and misleading information.

I also violated the TOS of brickshelf without knowing it, but this was also
100% my fault again, I will change all of neccesary personal information at
Brickshelf as soon as I figure out how to do so ( Any help? Thanks ).

-I Geordan Hankinson swear to abide by the TOS of LUGNET.com and the TOS of
Brickshelf.com from this day forward-

If anyone has my name on their links page or anything like that could you
please change it for me, Thankyou. I am very sorry for the confusion and
extra hassle that I may have caused to some of you. I am truly apologetic.

Sincerely,

-Geordan Hankison-

Well, that's the apology out of the way...now there's just the sacrificial
bloodletting to take care of and you'll be golden...

Seriously Geordan, I think I can speak for many folks when I say that we can
TOTALLY understand your want for security and a bit of privacy when on the
Internet. I think this should be especially true for younger folks on the
'net as well, and perhaps there could be some way to address this here at
LUGNET for the security of the younger posters.

As for your behavior, you have been a creative, fun, helpful contributor so
far here, and that's what seperates you from someone like a MM type...no
worries there.

And now that you have ironed out things with Todd (proving to me beyond a
shadow of a doubt that Todd DOES indeed take pains to hash out problems
BEFORE taking drastic actions...something everyone would be well to realize
also...) I think you are square here. So...WELCOME Geordan Hankison...I look
forward to many more exchanges with you in the future.

Matt