 People / 1168
    Flaming —Jude Beaudin
   Hi everyone, It has been a week or so since someone has left as a result of being burned by individuals here on LUGNET. I am not about to point fingers but I just wanna say we are a community of individuals who are coming together by way of common (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

        Re: Flaming —Michael Firman
     (...) Very well said. I completely agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they don't have to reveal them to the whole of the Lugnet community. Mike (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Flaming —Mark van 't Hooft
     Nicely said. By the way, this type of tension is fairly common for webbased discussion groups like bulletin boards and listservs. I recently was bombarded with about 200 emails from a listserv for professionals that mainly focused on somebody not (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Flaming —Adam Myers
   AMEN. When structured and civilized debate occurs it is a beautiful thing. And its through these debates that we are able to advance the civility and tolerance of other points of view within our community. One of the first things seen on the lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)