 People / 104
Re: Lego Article (Re: I'm famous (or infamous))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:50:23 GMT

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:04:40 GMT, Ray Sanders <rsanders@gate.net> wrote:

And if they (TLG) knew that, what could they do ? Lego ads in Sports
Illustrated or The Economist ? ;)

I'll make a SWAG (scientific wild-assed guess) of 5-10% of sales.
Anyone have any better intel ?

Nope, no better intel, but my feeling is this: women do most of the
gift-buying, especially for kids.  When men buy gifts, it's for a woman.
So, when males are buying LEGO, it is likely they are buying for
themselves.  I'd put it as high as 40-50%.  But I have no facts nor data to
back this up.  Maybe we should organize some field research, to observe the
demographics of who buys what.

Also, there will be a certain percentage of men who are buying gifts, but
are also AFOLs.  It seems like the people most likely to buy more LEGO are
the ones who are big fans of LEGO already...

Steve