 Parts / 335
Re: round brick 1x1 transgreen with solid stud
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 04:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.parts, John Patterson wrote:

<SNIP>
There is a granular tree on one of the houses, in the 350 range and I have > several and none came with the
tree on the cover.  I also found a tan 1x1 round brick on bricklink with a > solid stud.

Thanks again
john P

John, many of the LEGO sets of the first half of the 1970's had those granular
trees until 1974, when the models switched to conical Pine trees.

You just happen to have later versions of those sets.  The #352 Windmill, and
#356/#540 Swiss Villa have this scenario.  Also the #939/#940 trees, flags, road
signs & antenna parts packs have this same scenario.  Starting in 1974 these all
came with the conical Pine trees, even though the model sets show the granulated
trees on the box.

Although I don't know for sure, I often wonder if the switch happened suddenly
due to a choking hazzard.  Children could chew the granules off the trees/bushes
rather easily.

Cheers,
Gary Istok