 Parts / 313
  Clearing up scratches on pieces

It's been years since I last posted here. I'm trying to restore the condition of some old pieces and thought someone here might know how to go about this. I got two of the 6989 MCM quarter domes off Bricklink a while ago, but they turned out to have (...) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) out. it also works great to remove printing on bricks so be carefull if you're not looking to remove it. i usualy use a old sock followed by an old Tshirt. ondrew (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) Do you do anything to prepare the piece? Also, do you do anything after like wash it? If so, with what? Thanks, Jude (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) nope (...) let it sit for 30mins then wipe it clean again but other than that it's really a one step process. ondrew (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) Be warned, though: Brasso will seriously damage softer plastic parts like baseplates. I totally ruined a 48x48 baseplate that way when I used it to brasso the printing off of large quantity of tiles. --Anthony (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) I'll have to give that stuff a try. Thanks for the advice. Are there any issues with using it on transparent parts? -G (remove the capital S's in the email) (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) I seem to recall it also takes the rough textured surface off slope bricks. ROSCO (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) There is an alternative to the brasso, especially if you are merely trying to do away with scratches and not trying to remove print. The key, FUTURE's Floor Wax. It has been used by model airplane builders forever. Check it out here (URL) Kam (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)