 Parts / 30
Re: Problem with some angles....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:22:17 GMT

In lugnet.build, Timothy Wade wrote:

<snipped for brevity>

If someone would be so kind, could you please tell me if the angles on these
pieces match up? Meaning, if you stood the slope upright, and the wing on it's
base, would the angles match?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3678a   2X2          (#1)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3684   2X3           (#2)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3585   big wing      (#3)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3933   little wing   (#4)

Hi Timothy,

Here are exact angles in degrees:

#1 -- 63,43
#2 -- 72,65
#3 -- 66,80
#4 -- 63,64

Now, please let me remind you that the real angle of a slope is not equal to the
angle of the final roof built with that slope, because when you build a roof,
for each slope you have a step of one plate. Therefore, if you want to build a
roof with slopes #1 and #2, the angles for the roofs (rooves?) will be:

#1 -- 67,38
#2 -- 74,48

I did some experimentation and, in fact, when you build a roof with slope #1 and
you align it to the little wing #3, the difference is unnoticeable.

As a last note, and while I am at it, here are some more angles:

wing 2 x 3  -- 71,56 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/43723)
wing 2 x 4  -- 75,96 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/41770)
wing 3 x 12 -- 80,54 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/47397)
wing 6 x 12 -- 71,56 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30355)