 Parts / 164
163  |  165
Subject:
Parts and their file formats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 16:10:05 GMT

Hi all!

I started working with this and got a surprice. For the project below I intend
to use: http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/

and I picked http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3676.gif for a test

I downloaded the file and tried to view it - illegal gif file - a close view
showed that the file is a PNG file not a GIF as the extension says. Appearently
wondows dont care, but my programme does.

Are all files here PNG? If some are PNG and some are GIF it will make my life
really funny.
Why are these files .gif if they should be PNG?

It looks  like they are PNG, but the page holds them as gif...

does anyone know?`????

PS: took a search, didnt find anything

In lugnet.general, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi!

Pedro Silva and I have briefly discussed this.

He sent me a list with parts he want - mostly with ldraw part numbers. And there
are 500 of them. A lot.

So I was thinking about using lugnet's partsref to see the parts as pictures,
create a small programme which would give me a html file - and then the idea hit
me:

A programme, where one can enter items, which one seeks, and the programme will
generate a wantlist in HTML, which be saved - sent by mail, as the links to
lugnet will remain, or it can be put on the Internet.
IT is easier to trade, when there is a picture one can relate to.

Some idea:
1) I would scan lugnets partsref for names and add them to a file, for easy
search
2) It could use ldraw's dat files if present.
3) it would have a list for trade & want.
4) it would generate a HMTL file in table format with the following options:
a) picture
b) part number
c) part name
d) amount
e) colour
5) a search function
6) somehow an option to select the output as one might want.

Any ideas?