Subject:
Information request: cheap motels/etc in the DC area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:33:56 GMT

   Hi WAMALUGers,

   I just got a nice little (<$300) partial grant to do some research at
   NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) the week after next.
   The problem is that I'm not at all sure of what's out there, and I
   most definitely cannot afford the large chains that are close to NARA
   (Holiday Inn, Marriott, etc.).  So I wanted to know if there are any
   cheap places to stay that are within a half hour or so's drive from
   DC--like a Red Roof Inn, a Motel Six, or something of that ilk.

   Any help anyone could provide would be most excellent.  I'm just not
   sure where to start--and once I figure out where to stay, then I have
   to see how parking near the Mall works.  Aigh!  I love getting long
   lead-times on research projects.  :)

   best

   LFB