Subject:
SRS Meeting report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:14:05 GMT

Hello SMARTies,

I went to the Seattle Robotics Society meeting today.  I brought my line
tracking robot and puck gathering robot that I built for the Workshop 3D
challenge for demonstrations and made a little plug for our SMART group and
our upcoming meeting.

The response was very good.  Several people told me that they plan to come
to the meeting and are looking forward to discussing Lego robotics.  One
topic that was mentioned, that I plan to discuss at the meeting, is using
RCX Command Center with the latest version of NQC and targeting RCX2.  If
there are any other topics that anyone wants us to talk about at the next
meeting then let us know either by email, the newsgroup or at the meeting.

There were a couple of great Lego creations that were demonstrated by others
at the SRS meeting.  One was a walking robot that had an RCX.  What I saw
today was a new and improved version of a Lego walking robot that was
demonstrated at last months SRS meeting.

There was also a Scout robot that was demonstrated that made some very quick
circles on the desk.  This is a good time to point out that Scout robots are
definitely welcome at the SMART meeting.

Gus