Subject:
March 27th SMART Meeting Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:01:07 GMT

Today we had our first meeting at our new location at DigiPen. It's pretty nice
there. Thanks Tyler and DigiPen for providing an awesome new location!

For our mini-challenge we had four or five people attempt it, and while no one
was able to accomplish the entire task successfully, there were a couple of
robots that did a great job finding each other.

Here are some pictures (once moderated) from this meeting:

For the next meeting we decided the mini-challenge will be to do the third event
in the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge -- Gap Crossing - Cube Gathering. The full
rules of the event are near the bottom of this page:
http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/challenge8.htm . For the SMART meeting (not for
the official competition!) you are welcome to simplify the event or do any
portion that you choose. I'll bring the arena used at the WS3D event, but if you
want to bring one of your own design, that's fine too. Some ways to simplify the
event might be to just do the gap crossing back and forth, or just the cube
gathering, or just transporting the cubes one at a time. Pick whatever subset
you wish, or do the whole thing. In fact, if you build your robot in the next
three weeks, why not register for the event at WS3D, and enter to possibly win a
prize for it!

We'll also have the Grand Challenge, RoboSoccer, at each meeting this year.
You'll find the discussion in this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/?n=220 and it's follow-ups.

Well, thanks to everyone who showed up! We'll see you in a few weeks at WS3D, or
at the next SMART meeting, which will be May 22nd to avoid Memorial Day weekend.

--
  David Schilling