Re: November 2002 SMART Meeting Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling writes:
For our next meeting's mini-challenge we voted to do Token Finding: Build a
robot that will search for a black 2x2-inch square on a table, stopping 'on'
the square when you find it. Make sure you don't fall off the table either!
I suggest people attempting this challenge consider ways to accomplish it
without just randomly driving around the table, hoping to find it.

David - Some questions about this challenge:

1) What are the dimensions of the table we'll be using?  What is the corner
radius?

2) Will we be able to pick our starting location and orientation, or will we
all use a standardized one?  If standardized, please describe.

3) Are there any guarantees on the location of the 2x2 square?  For example,
can we assume that it won't be under the robot at the start or within a
certain distance from the edge of the table?

4) Are there any restrictions on robot size?

5) Are we restricted to one RCX?

Thanks,

Mark