Subject:
Answer to Firmware Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:14:39 GMT

HI Everyone,

Someone asked me at the meeting on upgrading the firmware on the RCX1.0 to
the RCX2 firmware.  I just did some snooping around to find an official
source and here it is.  Goto:
    http://mindstorms.lego.com/sdk2/
and download the sdk (software development kit).  Run the sdk setup to
install the sdk on your computer.  You will now find the firmware file in:
    bin\VPBrick1\RCX2\firm0328.lgo

The SDK includes a number of other files and tools that may or may not be
interesting.

You can follow the links here on lugnet to get the latest NQC and BricxCC.

Good luck and if you have any questions post them here on SMART and someone
is sure to answer them.

Gus