Subject:
Technic part that allows powered steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 05:32:08 GMT

For those who went to the SMART meeting on Saturday, I showed a robot frame
I was working on (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=175811)
that would allow wheels to be steered and powered at the same time. There's
very few technic parts that will let you do this, the one that I used
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=175813) was from
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8466, the 4x4 Off Roader. It has a shaft that
goes through the center of the steerable part, which has a universal joint
at exactly the right location to allow this to be done.

I just noticed that Amazon is selling this item right now for 66% off! Click
on the above lugnet guide link <set:8466>, and follow the sale link on the
right side of the page. It has a ton of other great technic parts, so if
you're looking for a few extra parts for your robotic creations, this is a
wonderful set to get. You can use coupon code 905651 for an additional $10
off if your 'toy' total is over $50 (eg: buy two of them).

By the way, I posted some pictures taken at the meeting here:

  David Schilling