 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 362
Re: Pictures from RichLUG's Latest Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:29:02 GMT

Nate:

It was great meeting you.  Thanks for coming down and helping us out on
Sunday.  Also, glad to hear about your success with the Santa Fe cars.
We're hoping that a smoother track bed will also help the cars run smoother.

Tim

"Nate Jacobs" <njelmo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey Guys.

   Enjoyed seeing the pictures.  I am glad I was able to come down that
Sunday and see the layout.  It was good to get to meet each of you as • well.
I have managed to fix some of the issues with the Santa Fe train.  I
replaced the plates from the bottum of the cars (10022) with tiles and it
runs a lot smoother around the curves.  It also works well with two motors
in the B-Unit and two speed regulators.

Hopefully I will be able to come down for some other activities at some
point.  I have minimum 2 years here so I figure I had best use them • wisely.

Nate

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
Pictures of RichLUG's display at the 25th Annual RF&P Model Railroad show
are available on BrickShelf in the following gallery:

This gallery also includes one sub-folder (Brickgonia) that holds • pictures
of my Halloween-oriented MOC's that were sitting on a separate table.

The show took place over two weekends at the Science Museum of Virginia.
While the attendance was fairly steady it was about a third of what the
organizers had advertised it would be.  This apparently is due to the • fact
that there was very little publicity about the event on the part of the
Museum.  Plus we were in direct competition with the State Fair the • second
weekend and the show was two months earlier than normal so regulars may • not
have realized it was going on.

Regardless, we had a great time and once again, the Lego display was the • hit
of the show.  The museum staff was so impressed with our layout and
creations that they are now talking about having a Lego weekend some time
next year.  If this happens we'll be issuing invitations to other nearby
groups and LUGNETters to participate.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures.  They were taken with my • 35mm
camera and while the prints look great the transfer to jpg images on a
floppy disc seems to have caused some blurriness.  Instead of thinking of
them as somewhat blurry photographs, think of them as really well done
watercolors - from that perspective they look great!

Anyway, hopefully the pictures are clear enough to give folks an idea of
what our layout looked like.  We do have some digital pics on the way • (yoo
hoo Bert! - you out there?)that will hopefully look a lot better.

Currently we only have four members contributing to this display so we
probably will not get much bigger than this in the foreseeable future.
Instead we'll be working on filling in the gaps and adding more details.

Greg