Re: Vision Command Mall Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:21:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

I'm interested in the fact that they chose FAO Schwartz (high end) and two
dirt malls.  Liberty Tree?  Sheesh.

What happened to, say, the Burlington Mall, or the Natick Mall?  I hate to
sound Metro-Boston oriented, but those other malls are a bit in the sticks.

Hey no diss'in my diggs boy ;-).

Heh.  No offense meant. :D

It is a bit odd in that the North Shore and
Liberty Tree are only about a quarter of a mile from each other.

Ah yeah, that was another thing that struck me as odd.  Why those two malls
that are so close together?  Why not one to the south and one to the north?

As for
Liberty Tree it has almost surpassed North Shore in popularity because of the
new Loews Stadium Seating 20 plex that went in.  Since then it went from a
Ghost town to a hugh success.

Huh.  I have to admit I haven't been out there in quite a while, probably not
in two years, so my complete and utter amazement that anything would choose to
make the Liberty Tree Mall a stop on a national tour might be misplaced.

As for going I refuse to do anything related to FAO Schwartz anymore

Me too, I used to enjoy going in and playing with their samples, but since I
started collecting Lego and realised exactly how heinous their prices are, I
just can't bring myself to anymore.

but I
might try and catch one of the other two.  Just for everyones info this is a
hotbed of LEGO retailers.

<snip>

I had no idea.  It could make a nice NELUG shopping activity that (gasp) isn't
the Construction Site.  I'd be up for it, if we could settle on a date and so
on.

eric