Re: Greenburg Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:00:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Matthew Miller writes:
Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
I would try and set up a meeting but I am probably not the best person for
that at the moment.  If someone would like to organize something at BU or
Bison County feel free.  Give me a couple weeks after the baby is born and I
will have a better grasp of my availability for meetings then.

Would this be a meeting where we'd actually have a bunch of tables and
stuff, or is it pre-that?

In terms of train stuff it is pre-that although MOC's are always welcome at our
meetings.  We need to build the tables first.  I will offer my place for that
althought that means not till mid/late October sometime and we would probably
do some of the work outside so it might be cool.

Anyway in terms of tables I am going to do some measureing and rough design
work soon to try and help develop a standard that would work well for us.  I
also realize that we don't have a lot of people very excited about carpentry
work but it needs to get done and don't worry what we are doing is not
complicated all it will take is some time.  Then after the tables are built
they will probably need to be painted or stained (probably close to LEGO
green).  If we have enough people we can probably do this assembly line style.

Of course if someone would rather research "Off the Shelf" tables that work
well with LEGO dimensions we can consider it although it would be more
expensive.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/