 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 629 (-10)
  Re: Age limitations

(...) And we know how that decision went. And since that didn't work, upping the ante is the way to go? What happened to your very sincere comments about how you didn't want to bug us about the issue? (...) I'm sorry that I'm going to have to be the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It would have been far more positive if she had contacted NELUG directly, rather than attempting to "shame" us into changing our policies by bringing it up with a wide crosspost on Lugnet. We are not hard people to get ahold of. Our webpage (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I disagree with the first statement there -- I think everyone (myself included) is getting tripped up over the word "adult." Do you really mean to say that it is important to us (NELUG) to be a group of 18-and-older LEGO fans? I think what's (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It was done at a meeting, and I would like to make sure that any *further* votes and discussion of this sort are held at meetings. For one thing, NELUG does extend membership to anyone, regardless of physical location (yes, yes, anyone over (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

What is wrong with you people? (...) It has caused Shiri some emotional distress. Probably seeing everyone here fight about it has caused some more. You assert that their policy is "pointless, stupid, [and] disruptive." Wrong. It is pointed, and the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) For whatever damage my comments have done, I apologize. I reread my few posts, and though I may have attacked people or the group in a slight way, I feel that I was in no way the main contributor, and cannot apologize for them, for I am not (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I totally agree with Tim. And I realize that the issue isn't officially up for discussion when I say this, but I would still be in favor of lowering NELUG's age limit from 18 to 16. When the issue first came up last summer, IIRC, the number 18 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I'm relatively sure that was Groucho Marx. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Possibly. But I have contacted NELUG in the past about this - in the discussion you mentioned. It might've been me, I can't say for sure, after all I wasn't at the meeting. New things came up now, for me, and I was feeling more and more (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I agree with this completely. I was interested in NELUG because it was an organisation for ADULTS. However, I certainly would harbor no animosity toward a second (or thrid, or fourth, or so on) Lego club in the area, and would probably even (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact