 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 624 (-10)
  Re: Age limitations

(...) For whatever damage my comments have done, I apologize. I reread my few posts, and though I may have attacked people or the group in a slight way, I feel that I was in no way the main contributor, and cannot apologize for them, for I am not (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I totally agree with Tim. And I realize that the issue isn't officially up for discussion when I say this, but I would still be in favor of lowering NELUG's age limit from 18 to 16. When the issue first came up last summer, IIRC, the number 18 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I'm relatively sure that was Groucho Marx. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Possibly. But I have contacted NELUG in the past about this - in the discussion you mentioned. It might've been me, I can't say for sure, after all I wasn't at the meeting. New things came up now, for me, and I was feeling more and more (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I agree with this completely. I was interested in NELUG because it was an organisation for ADULTS. However, I certainly would harbor no animosity toward a second (or thrid, or fourth, or so on) Lego club in the area, and would probably even (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

Now I am Pissed OFF!!! I have heard just about all the name calling and disrespect that I can handle. You have personally ruined my holiday. (...) Obviously it was not pointless, stupid, or disruptive to NELUG members and frankly that is what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) [actual proposal snipped] This sounds reasonable, but I have two crucial problems with it. First, as I've said before, I really do not want to be in the position of judging people. That's not a fun task for anyone -- easier when you accept, of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) We did. We called it NELUG. If you feel the name is inappropriate, I am sorry, but I feel it is and I would not support changing it. (...) I support it fully. I am in complete agreement with everything Matt Miller has said, and have seen no (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) She raised the issue of membership, that is a positive step. The fact that a lot of cause-fighters weighed in, happy to battle should not, IMHO be in any way the responsibility of the original poster. (...) I believe that argument is nullified (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) And conversely, I would argue that by posting her initial post to such a wide number of groups, rather than contacting NELUG directly with her problems, Shiri has acted very immaturely. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact