Re: july 4 thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Matthew Miller writes:
So, is having a Lego Thing still in the works for tomorrow, Todd?

I'd suggest the Cambridge side of the river, btw -- much less crowded
there....

The weather is looking like it'll be excellent (maybe a bit hot, but not
prohibitively bad) so that's encouraging, but I won't know until tomorrow
morning whether I/we can make it -- for the past few days Suzanne has been
really sick with a fever and some other side-effects from adjustments in
medication for treatment of her depression illness, and it wouldn't be too
fun or smart for me to leave her home all alone all day.  Some days she's
been feeling really good in the morning, but mostly bad, so it's still a
toss-up.  If we do happen to make it, we'll wear LUGNET t-shirts, which
ought to be pretty easy to spot, and your suggestion of camping on the
Cambridge side sounds like a great idea.

Somebody should invent a combination giant blanket/tarp thingie with built-in
baseplates and zippers for storing LEGO bricks -- to take along to parks and
places in the summer for spontaneous picnic-style building.  :)

--Todd