Re: I'm a new member and need some help !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:07:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Pierre Normandin writes:
Hi everyone!  I'm a new member of NELUG for a few weeks.  I would like to get
more info about the NELUG and this news group.  I heard about a meeting in a
couple of weeks (!???).  I'm from the province of Québec (Canada).  Any help
will be greatly appeciated.
Thanks!

Pierre,

I am so sorry I missed your post.  I guess I havn't been thinking straight
lately.  Anyway here is a little information as well as a few links.

First our long and storied history (All ~8 months of it :-).

Around last July/August some talk started about getting a local LEGO User Group
going.  A few of those that were involved in the conversation met a couple of
times and we had a lot of fun so we decided to set up a web site and get more
people involved.  In general we tend to meet about 1 a month and sometimes more
frequently if we have an event coming up.  So far most of our meetings have
been in the Boston area because that is where most of our members are from.  My
hope is that as NELUG grows people in different areas will start having
meetings and then once or twice a year we can try and have a big meeting for
everyone to attend.  I should say that everyone is invited to every meeting
anyway but most of us don't want to drive long distances 2 times a month.

Currently we have 78 total members (all memberships are free but we do take
donations towards our only current expense which is the web site).  43 of those
members are from Massachusetts.  The next largest group is from Connecticut
where we have 8 members.

Now I don't know where you live in Québec because it is a big place but if you
live near Vermont we have 4 members there.

I guess what I am getting at is everything is very informal and we just get
together every once in a while to talk LEGO share projects and just make good
company.  I have allways encouraged other members to host their own meetings if
they want because while I would happily organize many of the Massachusetts
meetings I will probably not organize any Connecticut or Vermont meetings.  If
meetings are going to happen there then someone from one of those areas will
have to organize it.

If you do happen to live close to Vermont (Or New Hampshire or Maine) you
should check those local groups as well and if you are up to it maybe you can
start some talks for a meeting up North by the Border.

For more information check out our Web site at http://www.nelug.org/ and for
some more spacific information look at our faq page at
http://www.nelug.org/FAQ/

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/