Re: My latest non LEGO LEGO creation...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:56:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Frank Filz wrote:

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Well its not built out of LEGO but it is built for LEGO.

Full text and pictures can be found here...

http://www.bluecaboose.com/html/baseplate_caddie.html

Nice. Now you just need to start mass producing these... I need one for my
collection...

Mass Production probably won't start for some time unless I get some unexpected
financial backing.  And my carpentry skills arn't that good :-).

Anyway this wasn't real hard to do although I would say a table saw is a
necessity.  I also have a pneumatic nail gun which is a big time saver but not
necessary.

I do hope to make some detail plans but if you follow standard baseplate
dimensions you should be able to figure it out.

By the way I don't know if I made the total capacity of this clear on the web
site.  In total it can hold 440+ 32x32 baseplates, 40+ 16x32 baseplates, and 40+
48x48 baseplates.  Of course that is of the flat variety.

Eric Kingsley