Re: Quarry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:06:29 GMT

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HI2Eu0.GEq@lugnet.com...
I remeber seeing a very similar thing to this in the mid-late eighties at • the
(UK) model engineering exhibition. They used the technic vehicles straight • from
the sets i.e.¬

<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/856<http://img.lugnet.com/set/80/new/upload/856
-1-1004545763.jpg>>¬¬

<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8848<http://img.lugnet.com/set/80/new/upload/88
48-1-1004721335.jpg>>¬
as well as a conveyor they made.¬ I'm not certain how they did the • automation.

One thing I think you could improve for next time is the link between the
cannister and the digger to make it less obvious that the stuff is going • round
in circles.

Thanks, Tim.  Actually, that was intentional.  We wanted people to see that
we were recycling the gravel as it gave the display a Rube-Goldberg feeling
where it just kept feeding itself.  We did discuss the idea of having the
gravel go into some sort of processing center and then use a concealed
conveyor to get it back to the starting point, but it just seemed more
interesting if people could actually see what was happening.

Very good and a nice video, thank god for bandwidth at work!

Thanks!  We had a lot of fun with it.

- Joe