Re: So... how'd it go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 00:51:59 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
[...]I talked to Mark and Stephanie who were headed home. I looked at your
setup. (Love the Trojan Bunny)[...]

Chris' Trojan Bunny is great (Of course there is no one in it).

Ha! Excellent! That was the first thing I asked Mark. He kinda looked at
me funny till he remembered that 'fatal flaw' in question. ..Hmm. the
Python guys did their construction job in the woods by the castle. (insert
chainsaw sound) Perhaps that's a good excuse for trees behind the siege.

I wouldn't worry too much about scale.[...] glass cubes [...]

Ok, cool! My business today took me too long unfortunately. But I shall
bring the whole lot of models over there - "If it's the last thing I do!"
darn-it. They sure can't live in the car trunk forever.

My row of 3 village shops should fit in behind your market scene. And I
think people might enjoy my bizarre farm. My attempts at building animals
are pretty bad (just squint!) but comical.

Oh, and I should warn viewers that they may find some peasant-figs really
revolting.
.heh.
(ok that was bad. if you didn't laugh, did you at least groan? didn't get
it? sigh.)

I was there this morning to try and get a couple more pics and was supprised how
many passers by stopped to check out the window.

Excellent! The prominent placement of NELUG logo on window is a real
winner too. nice.

Hey, maybe on the final day of window display, an AT-AT should appear
(filled with attackers). That would confuse the heck out of those Castle guards!

I know that at least Dave and I are considering keeping this medieval setup
going as an "On-going" NELUG project where everyone is welcome to contribute
and then we can have a regular setup if we do more public events.

I think that's a great plan. I know I personally won't be in a hurry to
disassemble my models. It's more likely that I'll tweak them forever..
never finished.

-Suz

--
"Apple chief executive Steve Jobs says OS X's main design goal was for
users to want to lick the screen"   C|net