Re: BrikWars 4/29 Directions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 01:53:26 GMT

I'll be there.  Things have been crazy and I don't know if I will have a chance
to "Score" my new Mech and Flyer but if I don't I will bring them for show
anyway and just use the same team I did last time.

I am ready for a little destruction.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
Ok.  I started to type up directions to the event on Saturday, but then I
thought, why re-invent the wheel?  So I went poking about on the Brandeis
Webpage, and I found:

http://www.brandeis.edu/directions.html

It even mentions the Commuter Rail, but for some reason neglects to mention
that it is the Fitchburg line.  It also doesn't mention that the #70 bus runs
right by campus.  Weird!

Now, once you've followed those directions and gotten yourself to campus,
you'll want to proceed to Golding 103.

Unfortunately, the website is a little less helpful when it comes to a campus
map.  They have this weird thing you can access by going to:

http://www.brandeis.edu/map.html

and clicking the button.  If you wait around a while and let it load, and then
access the "By Building" menu at the bottom of the screen, it will show you
where Golding is, exactly.  But since the map is, well, a little sketchy, I'll
do my best to explain it...

You enter the campus by the main gate (really the only way onto campus).  You
want to go to the right, as the majority of the campus road system is a • one-way
counter-clockwise loop.  You'll go up a hill and around a corner, following • the
main road, and you'll pass Usen Castle (no, really, it's a castle) on your
left.  As you pass the castle you'll cross a four-way intersection of sorts.
Keep going straight.  Keep an eye out for any available parking.  There are no
parking rules at Brandeis on weekends.  Any spot you see, short of a
handicapped spot, is up for grabs.  As you proceed up the road, look to your
right and note the horror that is Rabb Steps.  You can't miss them.  Really.
It's important to note them, because much like every morning of my time at
Brandeis, you will be going up them.  That was not my choice, please don't
blame me.  I had hoped to never be forced up that Sysiphian nightmare again...
but I digress.  If there is no parking available on the sides of the road • here,
you can proceed past Rabb Steps and watch for little signs for L-Lot (all the
parking lots at Brandeis have letter names).  If you circle through L-Lot and
it's full, you an continue up to E-Lot, which will almost certainly have • spots,
but is a little further away.

Once you've parked, proceed back to Rabb Steps (if you get lost, stop anyone
and ask which way it is to Rabb Steps.  They will point you in the right
direction, usually with a look of pity.  Everyone know Rabb Steps).  Go up the
steps.  The top of the steps pass under part of Rabb building.  Go through and
drift off to your left.  Golding is right back there, and in my memory at • least
has a big sign on it that says "Golding".  Go in and find 103.  I'm going to
try to be there as absolutely close to 9:45 as possible, but we all know how I
am on a Saturday morning, now don't we?

Anyway, I hope these directions are clear.  If you have any questions, feel
free to ask.

eric