Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
[snip]

Now if you read to this point I congratulate you because that was by far my
most long winded post in a very long time...

Thanks, but I must also congratulate you on such a good post, regardless of
length.  (I'm guilty of long-windedness too anyway.)

I just want to agree with most everything Eric wrote about LUGs and LTCs,
except the one part about it being more difficult for Space or Castle
"sub-LUGs" to form.  True, there aren't as many (none that I know of), but I
would think that existing forums like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Gaming
conventions would welcome them about as readily as Train conventions have
welcomed LTCs.

I've hinted at this in a few recent threads in .org.uc.nelug and elsewhere,
although with minimal response so far.  Perhaps what makes it easier for
LTCs is that most collectors have grown up having access to more Town and
Train sets?  Space and Castle were traditionally smaller themes...

Anyway, Eric, thanks for considering us all your friends, including those of
us who almost never make it to the meetings.  The feeling is mutual.   :)

-Hendo