Re: Greenberg Train Shows (RI)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:06:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Lou Pereira writes:
Hi,
There is a Greenberg Train show this weekend(1/5 & 1/6)
at the RI Convention Center in Providence, RI.
Since I'm not familiar with how these shows are run I have
a couple of questions I hope someone doesn't mind answering:
1) Do these shows typically have LEGO trains/displays present
or is it only if a local club chooses to participate?

Only if a group wants to participate.

2) Does anyone know if there will be any LEGO train displays
present at this particular show date?

Not that I know of :(

NELUG was invited to the train show in Wilmington initially for the Dec.
2000 show, and since we've done that show in April 2001 and Dec 2001.  We
were asked about doing the show in RI as well (after our apparently booming
success according to the Greenburg reps), but unfortunately, we didn't have
enough people (any?) who were willing to either drive down each day for the
show (plus the day prior for setup), or stay at a hotel in RI for 2 nights,
since the compensation from Greenburg wouldn't really cover it. We DID,
however, have several people who wouldn't mind going down for 1 of the days,
and also some who wouldn't mind donating MOCs etc for the event. But sadly,
not enough, and nobody to really organize down there if we did :(

But maybe we'll get a following down that way who wouldn't mind doing a
show? (Anyone? Anyone?)

I missed the December show in MA last month and was hoping to catch
it in RI this weekend.

To the best of my knowledge, the next Lego train display in the area will be
in March/April? (I forget exactly) in Wilmington again...

DaveE