Re: The Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:17:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jennifer L. Boger wrote:
Dan Boger wrote:
we always had to add "Yes, LEGO really does make trains", and a brief • LEGO
train history blurb...

People also wanted to know where they could get trains (we would have
S@H catalogs and cards to give out - and some of us would know the
locations of the some of the local TRU's etc... having a 4561 set up to
show them what a "starter kit" looked like was always helpful - since
the other 99% of the things on table were MOCs... (ie: "no, you can't
get one of those big train stations that Tom built as a kit" :) )

I guess you could have a metroliner available now that you can buy those
again :)  Though as a starter kit, the metroliner isn't as good, since it
doesn't come with a speed regulator.  It's so much cooler though.  hmmm.

:)

Dan