Subject:
Layout Reminder...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:47:26 GMT

Some people were wondering about the layout configuration for the upcomming
show at last nights meeting.  The main reason I have not done a new one is
because the layout is going to be the same size at this show as the last with
basically the same track layout.  Of course we will tweak things as always at
the show if needed.

Here is what we had for the last show and should be a decent relative guide for
this show.

http://www.nelug.org/layout2/

In talking with a couple of folks last night it seems that there is a lot of
desire to expand the layout.  I suggested that we keep the layout at its
current size through the March/April show because of our other "commitments"
and so we can talk about how to expand the layout.  We talked about adding as
many as 6 tables at some point.

If we do this I think we can get a 3rd train running on the layout which would
be cool.  One issue for me is I don't really have a lot of storage space for
many more tables so before we do expand anything I would like to see if anyone
can take responsibility for some of the tables, including getting them to
events when needed.  One advantage to taking responsibility for the tables is
you also get free use of the tables for your own LEGO projects if you want to
use them.

Just something to think about for the future.

Eric Kingsley