Re: New store in Waltham (non-lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Tom Duggan writes:

On a Lego related note,I was telling him about BrickWars, and though he
never heard of it, he was very interested in it, and was interested about
watching a game. I mentioned maybe having one in the basement there, and he
seemed to like that idea. Maybe some of us could swing over at the next
meeting, and see if he still likes the idea.

Hey-

I've been in Danger Planet a lot, and I've been talking to the owners (Jim,
Scott, and Brian) a lot.  Gaming is my other hobby. :D

I'll talk to them about the possibility of running a BrikWars demo for them.
I've already run a demo of the game Mage Knight
(www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight) for them, and talked about running tourneys
and stuff at the store.

As gamers, they'll probably be into the system and learning more about it.
Since there isn't any product for them to sell, though (the rules are free
online, and they don't sell LEGO) I don't know if they'd be into us running
demos at the store or not beyond showing them the game.  Half the reason to
have people spend time at the store is to move product, after all. :D

eric