Subject:
Model of Old North Church at FAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:27:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I visited FAO a few weeks ago to look for this model. (we had been discussing
Boston landmarks a while back)

Sure enough, the model I remembered was still there by the escalator and is of
The Old North Church. The model only represents a front portion of the building.
It has a blinking "lantern" in its top. It's a fine model IMO.

I tried to get some good pictures, but because you can't actually walk up to it
(it hangs between the 2 store levels), it was a challenge. Some of my pictures
are 4 or 5 stitched together, but the breaks aren't too bad.

The modeling technique I found most interesting was in the small window paines.
I've tried this at home, turning around a 1x1 w/side stud, but I thought it
looked awful and never used it in a model. Well, as I saw at FAO, if you're a
bit distance away, it looks pretty great.

I hope you all have a look and enjoy.

   http://www.baseplate.com/mavica/old_north_church/

   probably the best pic:
   http://www.baseplate.com/mavica/old_north_church/tower_in_detail-lg.jpg