Subject:
Reserve a location on the new Train Layout...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:55:03 GMT

A few people have been asking if we were going to pre-select MOC locations
again so I have set up a new page for the new layout.  If you would like to
reserve a spot on the layout for one of your creations just pick a location
using the cordinates provided and post back here.  Please list all the
baseplates you want.  If you only need a partial baseplate try and be a
descriptive as possible about what space you need.

http://www.nelug.org/layout2/

As you can see I took a large chunk for my Main Street display.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/

Tom Duggan has also selected some space.

Last time we didn't have that many people select spots before hand but we still
filled the layout pretty tight.  This is mostly meant for large MOCs I guess so
you can make sure there will be room, you are welcome to pre-register small
MOCs as well if you want.  If we need to we will take out some roads and/or
track sidings to make room for MOCs.

If there ends up being limited sidings for trains I will not display all of
mine.  I think the only car that *needs* to be displayed is the Club's car.

Now I still need to build the 2 new tables that we require.  We also will need
to order some track and baseplates for the new tables.  I personally have my
own baseplates for my section so that would free up some of the NELUG
baseplates for other locations.

If you have any questions please post them here.

I have also posted an announcement on the NELUG homepage.

http://www.nelug.org/

Eric Kingsley