Subject:
Next Brikwars ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:43:24 GMT

Since we had some non-carnage related goals in this
last Brikwars, it got me to thinking.  Maybe thinking
too hard...anyway, I had an idea that might be cool
to do, if not for the next Brikwars, then sometime in
the future...you all can let me know if you think it's
interesting or if I'm wasting my time.

The idea:  CIRCVS MAXIMVS MMMXXXVII.  It's the 237th
birthday celebration of the Galactic Emperor, and
someone has to entertain the old geezer.  So, his
assistants have planned a gigantic set of contests:
hyperchariot racing, gladiatorial combat (both mecha
and human), and other similar things

The basic idea would be that each player gets a bunch
of points, with which they buy teams/vehicles/whatever
to enter each event.  (So, you could spend all your
points in one event, and win that, but you'd probably
lose everything else.)  Each event would be worth a
certain number of points for winning it, and the
player who has the most points at the end of the day
wins the Emperor's accolades, a laurel wreath, and
all that kind of stuff.

Let me know if it sounds interesting and I'll start
working out some ideas for this.