Re: More Feb 3 Brikwars questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:40:20 GMT

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Johnston wrote:

1)    Still need the time so's I can make plans. Anyone?

We usually just plan on havnig people show up around 10:00 or so ni the
morning, take a break for lunch at some point, and play until fatigue rules
out.  If you can't make it till later, that's fine, we'll love to have you
whenever, and we can start a new round or fit you in wherever the game
stands.

I'll be posting directions this week.

2)    Would it be worth making/statting/bringing a second force
    in case someone wants to come but doesn't have an army?
    I could possibly do that.

If you have the time, that would be great.  Now that I think about it, I
could probably do the same thing ... so if there are two people who are
interested in coming, but don't have the time, resources, or wherewithal to
put together a force but are willing to use one designed by somebody else,
please feel free to come!

My second team consists of troops, armored trikes, a jeep with mounted
weaponry, and anything else I'll throw together between now and then to
bring it up to 500 CP.

3)    Any info on these mysterious other objectives?  I might
    make a large civilian building (the Bouncy Bubble Beverage
    Refinery), but not if it's not going to fit in well with the planned
scenario,    whatever that is.

I think Eric is going to be the primary go-to person for these objectives
and their benefits to the players.

By the way, any scenery/buildings/habitats/terrain that can be brought is
fantastic - part of what makes LEGO so ideal for these games is how easy it
is to customize an environment.  You can throw some really impressive
layouts together in pretty short order, especially if everybody chips in.
Right now I have an office building, rock outcropping, lots of foliage, and
an additional burned-out building or two.  I hope to have done a house by
the end of the week.

-s