 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 6
Re: what do we do first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 05:40:32 GMT

James Beerman wrote in message ...
So do we just start swamping mike with pictures, or do we do something more
structured?

Who is hosting the web site by the way?

Jimmy

Our site, www.nclug.net, is being hosted by Pair Networks, the same folks
that host LUGNET.  I chose them based on recommendations from a number of
people and the ability to scale up the site as need arises.  So far it has
cost me about $250 to get this going - $180 for a prepaid year of service
from Pair and $70 to Network Solutions for the domain name.

One thing that Pair does offer is the ability to have multiple users upload
files.  It is an addtional cost (one time I think) that I expected to offer
to our members should they want their own page(s) within the nclug members
area.  As for pictures for the rest of the site, send them to me and I will
start posting them.

I had hoped to have something up and running by now but being on the road
last week left me with a lot less time than I anticipated.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh