 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 46
Re: New Hope Valley Railroad exhibit in limbo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 01:38:57 GMT

Sure - forward it along or if you want to take the lead by all means go
ahead!

Mike

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
A while back I reported receiving a fairly favorable response from the • New
Hope Vallley Railroad about setting up a LEGO train exhibit during one • of
their train runs (hoping for May 7th).  Since then I have heard nothing • and
they have not responded to any of my e-mail messages.

I think it is safe to assume there will not be a LEGO display with NHVRR • on
May 7th.  Even if they asked now I'm not sure  it is possible to arrange
something with so little notice.  In my last e-mail I enquired about • August
6th as a possibility as the June and July dates are already out for me. • If
I here back from them I will let the group know.

In the mean time, does anyone have any other ideas that we should pursue • to
hold a train exhibit?

Mike
--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh
http://www.nclug.net

The Greensboro Children's Museum ( www.gcmuseum.com) might be a good • place.
My husband and younger daughter went there this afternoon.   They said the
museum has a nice non-Lego train set-up and a room open for changing
exhibits.  The museum has been open  around a year , maybe a little more.
The museum does prefer interactive exhibits.  The staff person Gary talked
to seemed to think a Lego train exhibit would be nice.  Gary got the name,
email address and
phone number for the gentleman who is in charge of this type of thing.  If
you would like this information, I would be glad to email it to you.   The
exhibit would not have to be limited to trains.

sheree