 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 299
298  |  300
Subject:
www.meetup.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:57:59 GMT

Today's 'News and Observer' (Raleigh, NC, USA newspaper) had an article on a
relatively new website that was established to help folks with similar
interests meet face to face:

http://newsobserver.com/business/story/1796559p-1801119c.html

The article mentions 'adults who play with Legos'; but the meetup site for
AFOLs hasn't quite taken off yet:

http://afol.meetup.com/

As of this writing, there are only 24 members 'worldwide' (all are from the
USA). None are in the Raleigh-Durham area, but I know that some of the
locals are interested in regular meetings for the NCLUG group. I am too.

Sometimes these things are difficult to get off the ground; maybe MEETUP
will provide the kick to do so.

Cary
PS: OK, now there are 25 members.