Re: Hello...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:03:39 GMT

Lawrence,

Greetings, first let me welcome you to our little community here. I hope it
will be a pleasant one, we are mostless harmless. : )

Re web site.  Creating a logo is always a tricky process, especially if
more than one person is involved.

Indeed, but I think we can settle on one. I like the bridge myself.

Re ads.  Advertising is proliferating because we're all paying less
attention to it.  The advertisers are screaming even louder just to be
heard over the other noise.  I don't suggest any remedy to this, and I'm
certainly not going to change my personal ad-avoidant behavior.  And I
admit that I benefit in a small way (about $80/month) by having banner
ads at the top of each page on my own web site.  From my millions of
visitors, I got two very mild complaints.

Ads are what they are, I don't mind them, we will have to discuss this
further, in terms of funding for future reference.

Hello, everyone -- I'm Larry Kestenbaum.  I'm one of the people on the
Stilyagi (sf community) mailing list who was attracted by Amy Hughes'
post about her Lego church under construction.  I live in Ann Arbor, a
lawyer and programmer by training, work at the University of Michigan
Institute for Social Research, teach at Eastern Michigan University,
serve as Washtenaw County commissioner, and run a web site called The
Political Graveyard (politicalgraveyard.com) about political history and
cemeteries.

Hi Larry! A lawyer and a programmer. Heh! I will have to check out your
site.

I'm also an avid Lego user, though my use of Lego was constrained for a
few years when I didn't own any bricks.

Welcome to the community, Larry. We AFOL'S (Adult Fan of Lego) are a growing
trend, it is great to see some other people from Ann Arbor around.

Well, now that our daughter Sarah (also known by her initials, sgsk) is
2.5 years old, and has graduated from Primo to Duplo, I have found
myself spending time with the Duplos (when my wife was out of town
recently, I purchased 3 more buckets of Duplos), and looking forward to
getting my hands back on some regular size Legos.

My main interests are architectural: I want to build more interesting
buildings.  Secondarily, I want to create a topographical map of Ann
Arbor (vertical scale exaggerated) with Legos.

Nice to meet y'all!

Nice to hear form you, I hope to see you at one of our meetings.

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html