Re: Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
But what on earth is a "Gutbomb"?

Larry whipped up a little SNOT-roofed hamburger joint out of the K8 bricks
sometime during the show.  I believe it was inspired by White Castle
restaurants, but I could be wrong.

You are correct. The color scheme is different but it had a lot of the
characteristics of the older White Castles.

If you've ever eaten at White Castle, you'd know why some people call their
burgers (and by extension, the restaurants) gutbombs. Note that I like the
little beasties! And they USUALLY like me back, but not always.

The fact that WC happen to be the initials of White Castle may be somewhat
related, I can't be sure. :-)