Re: MichLTC Show Report from Toy & Hobby Expo 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:23:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:
Comments appreciated.

Another great-looking layout, and the show report also looks good.

Well the layout plan was Larry's, but obviously it was the hard work and great
creations of our members that made it nice.  The show report is my doing, I had
started on the html version of the show reports a few months back, but this one
I mixed up the layout of it, and I am pretty pleased with the results.

I need to get to one of these shows.

You and anyone else who wants to participate is always welcome.  Chris is
running the next GATS show here in January.

How did the crowd compare in age/enthusiasm/size to the GATS shows?

I would say that the crowd was comparable to a GR GATS but not a Novi GATS.
Maybe a little smaller.  Regardless the layout was not packed at all times.
Frequently you could see the layout from across the room instead of just a
crowd.  Age seemed to be comparable.  Older gents into the train stuff, plus
the younger parents with the 3-12 yr old kids.  I would say that other than one
group of kids who were just bubbling with excitment, it was normal enthusiam
levels.

Amy

-Jason

Jason Spears