Re: Scott Sanburn's LSF (LEGO Storage Facility a.k.a. Basement) Pictures up on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:53:16 GMT

Amy & All,

Looks good, Scott. Wish I had that much space.

I understand that. When I was young, and when I was in college, I had a 8x8
room or something around there at my mom's house. How fun. That is why my
LEGO stuff was in the attic:

(You can see some at the end of the folder pictures)

When Lynn and I started searching for a house, I just had 2 requirements:

1) Enough space for the Suburban to fit in the garage
2) A basement that I can put my stuff into. In total, it has 920 SQ. Ft. 825
in the finished part.

Speaking of Suburbans, I think me harping on missing the Suburban has
finally starting to sink in with Lynn. She is even talking about getting
something similar in the next vehicle round. : )

Do you have any new organization/storage strategies to try out in your shiny >new LSF?

I am trying to play a little bit with AutoCad trying to get a better layout.
I am attempting to use the drawers we purchased to put BASIC bricks into,
near the building area, and then my drawers sitting on a shelf right above
it. My parts will be sorted similar to what i had in TSSC, very easy to see
if I have the part I am looking for or not. I will try to have 3 places
where I will be centrally sitting: Sorting, Building, and temp storage for
mid-stage creations. I am also going to have all my stuff for shows in one
place, and then stuff I need to work one in another. I will also put some
LEGO pictures up.

I will try to have a permanent sorting area, so I can always have the stuff
ready to go.

When I move back, I am sure I will have a while to get things the way I want.
But I have other things to do as well, such as getting ready for the shows
coming up in the next few months. Ah, the fun of moving. : ) I am sure Lynn
will help me with that.

Wow, that turned into a multi-subject, long post!

Scott Sanburn
Scott-1 or SES
--
Member, MichLUG: http://www.michlug.org