Subject:
Weekend Train Station Raising Building Session - MichLUG Members - 02/23/02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:22:38 GMT

To All,

I had the absolute pleasure of having some great company this weekend at my
house. I wanted to start getting my train station elevated after our GATS
show in Novi.

Guests:

Steven Ringe
Tony Hedglen
Jason Spears

Here are the overall pics in my Brickshelf directory:

I sorted all of my remaining BASIC bricks in preparation, Steve and Tony
arrived a little late, some exhaust and shopping problems, I guess. ; ) I
gave Steve the grand tour of the house, and showed him the important item:
The LEGO Storage Facility (LSF) a.k.a. basement. He liked it, and we started
working on various things.

Steve brought some of his new purchases, the Jedi Starfighter, a Bionicle
(Chicken thing, I don’t know the name Makura?) and the awesome Sante Fe
engine. He also brought an old train set, including the Sante Fe engine and
cars, pretty spiffy. Here are some pics:

LEGO Santa Fe & Comparisons:

Here are some of the other cars from the Sante Fe Train Set:

We also ran the Santa Fe on my tracks, here is a good picture of it exiting
the train station:

Tony started working on a Pneumatic decoupler, I don’t know if he got it
working or not. Here is a picture of it:

We started building the modules, Steve Ringe’s style, and got some real good
progress on it. These are 3 bricks high, some all brick on top, some with
baseplates, since I used a few of them for the train station, I don’t think
I have enough bricks to do the whole layout, but I am getting there.

Here are a few shots of these:

Jason Spears came over around 5:00PM, to help, and we ordered some pizza,
which arrived after 1.5 hours, sheesh! He started building some modules for
the baseplates and the train station, here is a shot of that:

Steve helped with my modules, since I seemed to have a lot of distractions
ordering pizza, finding TECHNIC beams, etc. And yes, I made a mistake of
staggering, but I can admit misteaks. Here is the picture:

Some time during the night, Steve and Tony decided to have a race to see who
could build the module fastest. After some intense competition, Steve pulled
out ahead and won since Tony was disqualified for not looking at the master
plan, and built them wrong!!! FIRED!!

Here are the pics, look at that intensity!!!!

After my module was done, I was getting hounded into building the canopy yet
again, but it was completely destroyed after the show, and needs a complete
rebuild. It needs a lot of work.

It was a grand time, and I sincerely thank of you for driving, I didn’t have
to for once. : )

Now I have to finish sorting, and get the rest of the station rebuilt, etc.

LMKWYT!

Scott S.