Subject:
Train Station Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 05:50:46 GMT

To All,

12:45AM Update!

All right, what a night and a disaster all rolled up into one lovable little
ball. Tony and I spent the day rebuilding the train station after we shifted
plates and started rebuilding some parts, Tony building the train track end,
and I am working on the front end / lobby area. We spent most of the day and
night on it, as I worked on the lobby and the office area / tickets and the
monorail stop and added another staircase (I am thinking already of another
revision on this, more later) The monorail, where I put 2 stops, does not
work at all, and I might eliminate 2 staircases and put in 2 staircases and
a walkway instead.

Anyway, I was tiling up the floor in a red / white pattern, trying to get to
put the seats in the loby area, when Lynnc ame home and I had to entertain
her a little until she went to bed (She works 5-10 Friday, 10-9 Saturday,
and 8-7 Sunday) then I came back. I was working witht the lobby front facing
Tony, and he was working the usual way on the back end, so it was flipped.
In the mantime, he turned it around, and got it linked up again, to see how
it went. Well, as I was looking over his area, and noticed a slight item,
and then we noticed that the lobby front and the back were 2 studs OFF!!!
(The buildings still matched, but the green baseplates were off 2 studs) So
we had to rip apart the lobby again and shift it to match, and it was a 2
hour hole we made. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we had to rip up the tiles, the stairs, everything, twice in 2 days. What
fun!

Fortunealty, though, the roof is 100,000,000,000% better, as it contians
offset windows now, and is in two pieces. It is a lot better, and is snotty. : )

I am fairly happy with the interior, I have to start working on the other
end, where the cafe and the control areas are, and get that done, and clean
up some othe ritems. Then on to landscaping and the entrance and dropp off
pick up areas will be. But it is coming along, and should be inline with
GATS easily.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Scott