Subject:
7171's, Scott blarggings, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:10:38 GMT

To All,

Well, I started working on the Train Station last night, it will be a
massive rebuilding effort. I think I can pull it off. I bought a bunch of
new trees for the loading and unloading road, I will concentrate a lot of
effort there. I hope to get a decent entrance off (I did not complete it for
the fundraiser) I started rebuilding some of the staircases, I will redo
most of the front, in terms of the internal structure. Tony is coming down
the weekend before Christmas to assist redesigning the roof. I have some BB
orders coming in as well for various parts. It will be impressive when
finished. (I hope I will be finished)

As for the GT engine, I did get some more parts ordered, I did most of
Larry's suggestions (Anyone have 1x3x2 white windows?) and I will bring it
on Saturday.

The interior of the Shell Station is 95% complete, pending arrival of
massive quantities of 2x3 plates (Shelves) I have moved the car wash to 1
plate as opposed to spanning 4 studs on two plates (So it won't blow up next
time) I am also going to finalize the stands for the awnings, they need some
tweaking.)

I am still planning on building 1 or more custom engines for Amtrak (GP40
and a Genesis) , I will be ordering decals for that and the GT series as
well. Thanks to Larry for helping with that.

If I have any time left, I will be concentrating on the ConFusion layout,
any thoughts or other suggestions are appreciated, the town invasion idea
still has merit I think.

I did get 3 7171's tonight, priced at 41. something (tax) Peter wanted 1,
Larry gets the rest. No more there, though. They had Megablocks on sale for
20% off. Heh.

Finally, I have in my possession 5 9V rechargeable batteries now, and I want
to get a total of 8 for the shows. So if you need one, keep that in mind,
the Rayovacs rechargeable work fine for 6.97.

I hope all is going well for all of you, as it is a special time of the
year. But I hope this RAIN stops and snow starts coming down (Sorry, folks,
impulse from Meijer Cart Pushing days, it is better in snow than rain!)

Scott S.
--
MichLUG Member, www.michlug.org
Personal Page: www.scottesanburn.org