Subject:
Bricks & Blocks Lego Outlet in Windsor, Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:15:10 GMT

Hey Fellas,

I stopped in at the Bricks & Blocks Lego outlet store here in Windsor,
Canada a couple of hours ago, and noticed that most of the sets are on sale
for a few bucks off of regular price.  Last month when I first went in they
had all of the new dino sets, but now all that is left of those is the baby
Ankylosauris.  I picked up two anyways cuz they were 3.69$ CDN x 1.15 (for
tax) x 0.65 (convert to US) = about 2.75$ after tax in US funds, each.  :^)
good heads for aliens, and some good pieces in the set.

Anyways, they had a whole stack of special sets that were marked down more
than others, such as the red fury racer (about 20-25 boxes, about 30% off I
think) and they also had up to 10-15 bucks off for the larger lego sets.
The sith infiltrator was reg. 34 on sale for 23-24, which is still too much
in my book after the major sales of last year, but that's still pretty good
since we will probably never see sales like that again.  There were about 5
siths.

All of the new max stone sets were in - crappy as sets that are halfway to
duplo but the cockpits in dark trans blue with white frames were very
interesting to me for small light space fighters that I have been conteplating.

They do sell track.  They had them in last month, and they seemed to be out
(I wasn't looking too hard) but they can order more if necessary (girl at
counter told me last time).

Point being:  Cheap exchange rate, and all of the sets were on sale and
slightly cheaper than what you would comparably expect in a zellers, k-mart,
meijers, target or related store.  No special sales were listed - it seemed
pretty much uniform around the store.

Drawbacks:  No bulk brick bins to be found anywhere.  They had bulk tubs
last month - they were all sold.  And they don't sell by the piece either.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.