Subject:
More medieval village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:17:23 GMT

Just to get people's interest up for the benefit event, and to show some
things I've been talking about, I've posted a few pics of my newest medieval
stuff to Brickshelf.

Quality is terrible because I used the only camera available to me, the Lego
Cam.  The thumbnails page looks good and pretty much tells the story--if you
click a picture to see it full size you don't get much extra detail.

This includes:
1. The cathedral that will go into the center of the town.  So far I've
built the westwork and the nave.  Flying buttresses are partially finished.
By the event I will have built the crossing, transepts, and apse.  This may
go on display as an "under construction" thing with some minifigs working on
it; I've spent a ton of money on Lego recently and I'm not sure I'll be able
to roof the apse or build the crossing tower I intended.

2. The MEK--Mechano-Electrical Knight.  Basically a medieval mech, with an
engine and fuel tank on its back.  Not quite finished.  Feel free to give me
ideas to improve it.

3. A couple of peasant houses and well.  These will go into the center of
town next to the cathedral.

4. Ravenstone Keep.  I'm still finishing the top of it and then have to add
interior detail.  This photo is the worst of them, but it's a seven-story
tower that will plug into the outer wall of the town.  First level will be a
throne room with a second-story gallery; above that some rooms; above that
barracks; above that the prison; above that the treasury; above that the
Raven's loft, which has a number of openings and will have a number of birds
inside.

The keep will be populated by Black Falcon minifigs, henceforth known as
servants of the Raven King.

All this will get added in to what's already on my website, plus a
bridge/double gatehouse I haven't photographed, a couple more wall sections,
and a Forestman stronghold outside the gates.

Peter