Subject:
Happy Birthday to me..... Shell Station Update too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:24:29 GMT

To All,

Well, I am "celebrating" my 26th birthday today. I decided to go out by
myself to Red Lobster and order chicken fingers! (Yes, I am weird, thank you.)

Anyway, you are probably wondering what in the world am I posting this for
(Some of you probably wonder what I do regardless of what it happens to be!)
but I was planning out the last parts of my Shell Station during my birthday
lunch.

Here is a small update, no pictures, but descriptions will suffice:

1) Store - I did a minor rebuild of the store this week, I put in a back
door for the upcoming diesel pumps in the back. I put some windows int he
back as well. I also redid the outdoor lighting fixtures as well, they are
red now instead of white. I also put in the white 2x2 inverse slopes around
it now, and it looks better. I also put two HVAC units on top of the roof,
one for the building and one for the drink coolers. I have two vents from
the bathrooms and some roof drains. I put stands for the overhang to rest on.

I am unsure of where the counter will go now, since I had that one corner in
mind, I might have it in the middle of the store now. I don't know fi the
interior will be finished or not in time. I will try.

2) Overhang and pumps - I finished the overhang outside of the Shell
lettering (Details in a moment) I am putting the 2x2 white tiles on top,
with some drains, for no studs (I outlined the yellow bricks with yellow 2x2
tiles, I might have spent 30.00 on those alone) It looks pretty snazzy.

I finally decided that I will not get enough 2x2 logos to complete the
pumps, so I snagged the Shell logo from their site and will try to use that.
Any volunteers to clean it up and make it fit a 2x2 tile? : )

I will also just print out the yellow background with Shell letters on it
instead of the LEGO ones. The response I received when I asked for some went
a bit......... how shall I say, underwhelming. I tried!!!

I finally finished a LEGO design for the pumps, they will be 5 bricks high,
and use a multiple of stickers (printout, tape), but they will look
realistic for once! I will start building them this weekend, 4 for the front
(8 front to back) and maybe 3 or 4 for diesel. I don't know yet.

3) Carwash - Jason Spears gave me some building tips for this, and I will
make those changes soon, I just have to get to working on it. I have been
doing other items. This is pretty much done now.

4) Overall layout - I sketched up a layout of the total station finally, I
have included a dumpster, a small barn for the various items, payphones, ice
box, lightpoles, parking spots, etc. I will see if I can get it scanned in
somehow. It will be neat, I have a bunch of detail ideas I would love to do
(Flowerbed with Shell written in flowers!)

For a wrapup, I think it will be pretty neat if I can get everything done in
time, and get another tank built. It will be close. I will succeed, or die
trying! : )

Here is a link in case you never saw my Creation page before!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/Creations/Shell-Station/shell-station-index.htm

If it wraps, you can go here:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/creations.html

Click on the Shell Station one.