Subject:
An "Unofficial" Lugola Meeting for March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:56:07 GMT

Well, February has seen its Lugola meet come to pass which means the next will
be sometime around April.  "So why is he posting this?" you may be ask.

The original plan of this month's meeting was to have someone in Orange county
host but that just didn't happen.  Many just had other plans going on that
weekend (the BFPDX, a three day weekend with Valentine's Day, etc).

When it looked like Orange was out, Dave was nice enough to pass along word he
would hold the meet at his place.  He and I did speak about this and I passed
along an idea given to me by a local, Dan Pearson, and that's to have a meet in
San Diego at my place in March.  It was an idea Dave liked :-)

Generally, "official" (so to speak) lugola meets have been every other month but
the last two have been a little too far up north for some like myself.  By
having this "unofficial" one down south, it wouldn't impeed on those up north.
It would be much like a regular meeting with the showing MOCs, b-s-t, taking
pictures, talking, etc. but in San Diego county.

Right now I'm looking at two dates, either March 13th or March 20th, and by
posting this now, I hope those who want to attend can find which date would be
best.  I do live in the city of San Diego in the vicinity of the I-15/highway 52
junction (if you know Fry's is, I'm about a mile northeast).

If you have any suggestions, just post them here or email me (AEGLI at SAN dot
RR dot com).

Adr.